December 6, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
“Advans La Fayette MFB is a Microfinance Bank licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State. La Fayette MFB is the 8th affiliate of the Advans Group (www.advansgroup.com). We are NOW RECRUITING several profiles and positions : Client officers Client assistants Tellers All details are on our on-line...
October 21, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
Legend Micro-Finance Bank Limited is a leading and fast growing Microfinance Bank with Headquarters at Inisa in the Sate of Osun (currently operating in two local government areas of the state) with a mission to continuously meet the needs of the growing rural communities and impact on the socio-economic development of its locations. We urgently...
Legend Micro-Finance Bank Limited is a leading and fast growing Microfinance Bank with Headquarters at Inisa in the Sate of Osun (currently operating in two local government areas of the state) with a mission to continuously meet the needs of the growing rural communities and impact on the socio-economic development of its locations.
We urgently require the services of a visionary, result-oriented, dynamic and energetic individuals to fill the following positions:
Regional Head, Business Development (Reference RH/2012)
The Regional Head (RH) will lead business development activities and take ownership for the achievement of business targets (liability, loan creation, asset quality and profit) within assigned regional area.
In addition, the RH will contribute to the overall management of Legend MFB, as a member of the executive management team, in order to achieve set goals at the enterprise level.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing director.
- Additional qualification such as MBA and/or membership of CIBN or MCIN will be added advantage.
- A university degree with minimum of second class lower or HND with minimum of upper credit with at least 5 years progressive post-qualification experience in business development within a retail financial services environment.
- Hands-on experience with computers and modern banking technologies is a key requirement.
Internal Auditor (Reference IA/2012)
The Internal Auditor will have responsibility for compliance management and audit of all operations of the microfinance bank and will report functionality to the Board and Audit committee but Administratively to the Managing Director.
- A university degree with minimum second class lower or HND with minimum upper credit with relevant professional qualifications (ACCA, ICAN, ANAN, etc) with over 5 years post-professional post-qualification audit experience in a financial institution’s environment.
- Hands-on and demonstrable knowledge of IT and the process of auditing through the system is a must.
Head of Operations (Reference HOP/2012)
The Head of Operations is responsible for establishing and managing effective operational and customer services standards/processes that will support the business growth and service excellence goals of the Microfinance Bank.
He/She will also be responsible for production/generation of all management and statutory reports.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing director.
- A university degree with a minimum of second class lower or HND with minimum of Upper Credit with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in the financial services industries.
- Hands-on and demonstrable knowledge of IT and automated banking processes is a must.
- Additional qualification such as MBA and/or membership of CIBN or MCIB will be an advantage
Salary is highly attractive for all positions with additional compensation tied to performance.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit applications and Curriculum vitae, passport photograph, mobile telephone number and email address in addition to clearly stated work experience relevant to the position being applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 1st November, 2012-->
September 26, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) http://www.agra.org/ has retained Kincannon & Reed to recruit a VP Finance & Administration to lead the organization’s finance, accounting, information technology, and related activities to support the organization’s activities and ensure that AGRA staff and structure are supported...
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) http://www.agra.org/ has retained Kincannon & Reed to recruit a VP Finance & Administration to lead the organization’s finance, accounting, information technology, and related activities to support the organization’s activities and ensure that AGRA staff and structure are supported and organized to achieve its objectives. We seek a forward-looking, results-driven, financially-savvy leader with a strong internal control, cash flow, and metric driven focus who knows how to forge consensus, enthusiasm, efficiency, and effectiveness within the organization and achieve superior outcomes.
AGRA is a not-for-profit organization working with African governments, other donors, NGOs, the private sector, and African farmers to significantly and sustainably improve the productivity and incomes of resource poor farmers in Africa. AGRA aims to ensure that smallholders have what they need to succeed: good seeds and healthy soils; access to markets, information, financing, storage and transport; and policies that provide them with comprehensive support. Through developing Africa’s high-potential breadbasket areas, while also boosting farm productivity across more challenging environments, AGRA works to transform smallholder agriculture into a highly productive, efficient, sustainable and competitive system, while protecting the environment. To catalyze the commercial sector to drive agricultural transformation, AGRA’s activities are anchored in free capital enterprise and support smallholder farmers, agro-dealers, traders, warehouse keepers, and relevant financial institutions.
With pledges of close to US$535 million, as of December 2011 AGRA had approved 361 grants valued at US$259.5 million in 16 countries. Grantees operate across the agricultural value chain, laying the basis for the kind of comprehensive, integrated change needed by Africa’s smallholder farmers. AGRA has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and an office in Accra, Ghana.
Vice President Finance & Administration Responsibilities:
- Lead the finance, accounting, and information systems to ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources.
- Lead AGRA’s financial planning and implementation processes, including the setting of annual priorities and the tight synchronization of organisational business cycles to achieve AGRA’s goals;
- Assure that an appropriate financial framework is in place for informed decision making, including the development and review of financial and risk management strategies, internal audits, corporate financial planning and compliance activities, and improved processes.
- Aligned with annual and long-term plans, drive AGRA’s annual and long-term budgeting process.
- Assess the finance staff and enhance development and recruitment efforts to fill gaps and build overall capabilities and bench strength.
- Maintain robust compliance with all relevant non-profit organization regulations and other regulations applicable in AGRA’s countries of operation
- Design and implement methods to measure organisational performance against strategic goals and anticipated outcomes;
- While not overseeing programs directly, work with senior staff to identify innovative and best practices to leverage opportunities and enhance the potential to deliver greater value in each of the program areas and ensure that programs areas collaborate to best effect;
- Effectively integrate and align the work of all areas to ensure consistent application of approved policies and practices across all divisions;
- Direct and motivate the finance department staff so that responsibilities are delegated, strategies are effectively and accurately implemented, costs are controlled, and field financial and program staff are properly trained;
- Oversee the work of the Human Resources Department, ensuring that it strives to recruit, support, and retain a highly motivated, diverse, and competent work force;
- Manage relations (along with appropriate staff members) with board committees, committees of AGRA, and other important external fora as required;
- Represent AGRA (along with appropriate staff members) in a variety of official capacities with key business stakeholders where appropriate.
The position is based in Nairobi at AGRA’s headquarters and reports to the President.
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following skills, knowledge, experience, and personal characteristics:
- Commitment to AGRA’s vision, mission, and corporate culture.
- At least 10 years of relevant progressive experience as a senior professional and manager, including at least 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
- Experience with finance and accounting management of development grants and projects, including understanding of pricing approaches (such as salary escalations or other price-influencing mechanisms) and cost management.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and planning, budgeting, risk management, and financial control systems. Additional proven experience in cost accounting and systems very strongly preferred.
- Experience producing consolidated financial statements and reporting for a diverse organization.
- Strong knowledge of international financial reporting and accounting standards and proven experience in applying them to produce financial statements.
- Results-oriented user’s knowledge of information systems for finance and accounting. Additional experience in project cost accounting and project management software systems preferred. Experience in vendor selection and implementation of new or conversion information systems as above highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the market conditions in the bread basket of Africa and an understanding of Africa’s complex distribution and supply networks and routes to market; a real understanding of the needs and aspirations of the end user in a rural African setting.
- Proven management capability to operationalise AGRA’s strategy in a resource-constrained environment.
- Business acumen to rapidly grasp AGRA’s financial underpinnings and business model for success.
- Proven hands-on experience in planning and implementing challenging, complex projects that anticipate and respond to the demands of a high-growth organization, developing dynamic and streamlined systems and processes that anticipate and support changes in the operational and business model, and producing results under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to decisively set priorities, delegate responsibilities, establish management metrics, assure and value accountability, and allocate resources appropriate to achieve results
- Experience managing and motivating teams in multiple countries in Africa; a highly motivated and dynamic personal leadership style that both inspires and generates confidence.
- Partnership mindset to create and implement an operational vision, framework, and culture that has the potential to forge a lasting legacy of impact.
- Experience with a social enterprise and new philanthropy/ social investment and an appreciation of why traditional development approaches have not worked; understands the complex dynamics of a not-for-profit organisation. This may have been acquired in either the not-for-profit or commercial world.
- Superior communications skills and influence capacity upward and downward across all management levels and functions
- Track record of success in not-for-profit grant making.
- Proven ability to recruit and retain a strong, professional corps of key staff.
- Fluency in the French and English languages.
For consideration as a candidate or to suggest a prospective candidate, please contact in confidence:
|Gregory J. Duerksen||David G. Jensen||Greg Dooman|
|President||Managing Director||Senior Associate|
|+1 703-623-3961||+1 928-274-2266||+1 703-779-3544|
September 6, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
“Advans La Fayette MFB is a Microfinance Bank licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State, and is to start operations in December 2012, in Ibadan. La Fayette MFB is the 8th affiliate of the Advans Group (www.advansgroup.com). We are NOW RECRUITING several profiles and positions : Client officers Client...
June 13, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is an established Microfinance Bank its Head office situated at Ikeja, Lagos. It is a member of an International network of microfinance banks providing world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia and rapidly spreading out to other continents...
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is an established Microfinance Bank its Head office situated at Ikeja, Lagos. It is a member of an International network of microfinance banks providing world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia and rapidly spreading out to other continents across the globe. For more information about us, you may visit our www.ab-mfbnigeria.com
Due to our rapid growth and continuous success, we are seeking to recruit young, energetic and highly motivated graduates to join us in the following entry level positions:
Loan Officers (Ref Code: LO)
- Educational level of B.Sc/HND
- Basic knowledge of Financial mathematics & Accounting
- 1-2 years working experience in any related field would be an added advantage
- Detail and target oriented
- Dynamic and motivated individuals who like to work outdoor
- Direct promotion in markets
- Evaluation of loan applications and preparation of loan proposals
- Monitoring of disbursed loans and loan in arrears
- Assuring long term relationship through high client satisfaction, reaching a high ration of revolving clients
Back Officers (Ref Code: BO)
- Minimum of educational level of OND
- Post experience with data entry would be an added advantage
- Rigorous and disciplined
- Detail Oriented
- Responsible for the data entry in the information system in our branches
- Verifications of loans files
Front Desk Officers (Ref Code: FD)
- Minimum educational level of OND
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Coordinated and Disciplined
- Supervises and facilitate front desk Operations
- Responds to customer inquiries
- Resolve customer complaints within scope of Authority
- Manage phone activity including general knowledge callers
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their CV and Application letter as attached files to email@example.com not later than Tuesday June 19th, 2012.
Note: Please indicate the REF CODE for the position you wish to apply for, as the SUBJECT of the mail. Failure to comply would disqualify your application.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.-->
June 8, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
La Fayette Microfinance Bank Ltd. is expected to start the operations in December 2012. To achieve its targets, La Fayette is launching an important recruitment campaign. The first test batch will be organized before the end of June 2012. La Fayette Microfinance Bank Ltd. is recruiting here and now: - 1 CFO - Client...
May 23, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
La Fayette Microfinance Bank recently received the Approval-in-Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out microfinance services in Oyo State. La Fayette MFB will be headquartered in Ibadan, the State’s capital. The Company will be incorporated in June 2012 and is expected to start operations in December 2012. The ambition of La Fayette...
May 21, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
Obosi Microfinance Bank Ltd. Obosi. Anambra State Position for the post of Managing Director The following are the requisite qualifications for the position of Obosi Microfinance Bank Limited. Job requirements: 1. Must be a Man/Woman of integrity with a strong character and an unblemished record of service in a bank in Nigeria. 2. Should possess a...
May 17, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
Managing Directors, Heads of Operations (HOPs)/Bank Accountants jobs at Microfinance Banks nigeria 2012 Vacancies: Managing Directors, Heads of Operations (HOPs)/Bank Accountants Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons interested to persue a career in microfinance banking to fill in the various positions in the 15 No Microfinance...
Managing Directors, Heads of Operations (HOPs)/Bank Accountants jobs at Microfinance Banks nigeria 2012
Vacancies: Managing Directors, Heads of Operations (HOPs)/Bank Accountants
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons interested to persue a career in microfinance banking to fill in the various positions in the 15 No Microfinance Banks located in 15 different local government areas in Kebbi State (Land of Equity)
Position: Managing Directors
- Persons are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in any of Banking / Finance Accounting, Economics, Business Administration with (7) years cognate working experience. Additional qualification and experience is an added advantage
- Will focus on the establishment and optimization of day-day operations of the bank, Provides leadership in the area of visioning, corporate/strategic planning, relationship management and execution.
- Manage bank’s activities to ensure maximum profits commensurate with the best interest of all stakeholders.
Position: Heads of Operations (HOPs)/Bank Accountants
- A good university degree as stated above with not less than (5) years working experience in a microfinance bank. Additional qualification and experience is an added advantage.
- Oversees the operations and general management of the bank’s operations, Monitor businesses to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits. Responsible for timely delivery of all statutory reports to CBN, NDIC & other reports to Mgt, letters and statements of Accounts, Oversee core banking operations entailing funds clearance and transfer, cash management
- Custodian of the banks General ledger, collation of data & financial information, Treasury Management, Monthly account preparation, Assets & Liability Mgt, Periodic budgets, Develop arid sustain systems & procedures for maintaining proper financial records.
Method of Application:
Send applications and CVs to the Secretary Kebbi State Steering committee on Microfinance banks on or before 25th May, 2012 through ismaila.yamma.@yahoo.com only applications received through the designated channel will be processed. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted-->
March 7, 2012 by Microfinance Africa
// ACCION Microfinance Bank Limited (AMfB) is one of the largest microfinance banks in Nigeria with a capitalization of N1.2bn. Its shareholders include three of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria: Citibank, Zenith Bank and Ecobank, as well as three global financial institutions: IFC, a member of the World Bank, SME Managers and...